Employment & Licensing: Childcare
- Requires criminal background checks for licensed childcare, and allows agency to consider nature of convictions and evidence of rehabilitation.
- Describes process for conducting criminal record checks of individuals seeking daycare licenses.
- Prohibits those convicted of an offense that is a "listed offense" for the purpose of the Michigan Sex Offender Registry from being employees of childcare centers.
- Lists offenses that presumptively bar individuals from obtaining a childcare license.
Daycare Provided through the State-Subsidized CDC Program
Sample Legal Materials
- Sample letter where DHS refused to allow grandparent to serve as a relative daycare provider.
| Other pages in this section: Legal Overviews - Materials for Employers - Policy Reports & Recommendations - Occupational Licensing - Disparate Impact Claims Under Title VII - Sex Offender Restrictions - Parole and Probation Restrictions