Employment & Licensing: Education
- Criminal Record provisions affecting school employees.
- Teacher Certification Code, listing provisions applying specifically to teachers.
- Disqualifying offenses for school bus drivers.
- Answers frequently asked questions relating to legal issues faced by school employees. Available in Wiki and .doc formats.
- This notice sets out issues, particularly reporting, that are important to know for individuals working in schools are are facing criminal charges.
- Article by an attorney from the Michigan Education Association; provides information on which offenses need to be reported and on employment impact of specific convictions.
- Individuals who are employed in the education field and who are arraigned often need to report the fact of their arraignment. This form is to be used.
- Guide prepared by the MASSP and MASB.
Litigation on Dissemination of Records of School Employees
- A sample complaint filed in District Court against the Michigan State Police and the Michigan Department of Education for teachers who are likely to lose their jobs as their names are mistakenly part of the Michigan criminal database.
- A sample brief filed in District Court requesting the restraining of the Michigan State Police from releasing an inaccurate list of convicted persons because of inaccuracies pertinent to the names of innocent teacher plaintiffs.
- A sample brief requesting an injunction against the Michigan State Police from releasing an innaccurate list of convicted felons employed in schools.
| Other pages in this section: Legal Overviews - Materials for Employers - Policy Reports & Recommendations - Occupational Licensing - Disparate Impact Claims Under Title VII - Sex Offender Restrictions - Parole and Probation Restrictions