Employment & Licensing: Health Professionals
Michigan Statutes & Regulations
Note: If the position involves long term care (e.g. nursing homes, adult foster care), see also the section on Long-Term Care.
- Sets out convictions that are grounds for denying, suspending, or revoking a license.
- Procedures for summary suspension of license upon conviction of certain crimes.
- If license revoked for controlled substance conviction, cannot reconsider for 5 years.
- Individuals currently under sentence for a controlled substance conviction cannot work as pharmacists or in related jobs.
- Contains mandatory and permissive exclusions from federal health care programs (e.g. Medicare, Medicaid).
- An article about representing health care professionals in these cases and the possible collateral consequences of drug and alcohol convictions on professional licensing.
| Other pages in this section: Legal Overviews - Materials for Employers - Policy Reports & Recommendations - Occupational Licensing - Disparate Impact Claims Under Title VII - Sex Offender Restrictions - Parole and Probation Restrictions