Employment & Licensing: Insurance
- Licensing of Former Offenders Act, addresses the standards and procedures by which licensing agencies are to consider criminal history when making licensing decisions.
- Lists acts that may lead to probation, suspension, or revocation of insurance producer's license.
- A person applying for a resident insurance producer license may not have committed any act listed under MCL 500.1239(1).
Mich. Admin. Code R. 500.584
- For employees of an institution issuing variable life insurance, there is a 10-year ban, with possible waiver, for convictions relating to embezzlement, misrepresentation, fraudulent conversion, securities, or violation of insurance law.
Sample Briefs and Pleadings
- Petition filed with Michigan State Office of Administrative Hearings and Rules to issue insurance license to rehabilitated individual with felony conviction. The petition offers background information about the conviction and rehabilitation, as well as numerous character witnesses.
| Other pages in this section: Legal Overviews - Materials for Employers - Policy Reports & Recommendations - Occupational Licensing - Disparate Impact Claims Under Title VII - Sex Offender Restrictions - Parole and Probation Restrictions