Family Issues: Children & Families of the Incarcerated
- Leaving children while in prison is one of the most significant consequences of incarceration. The National Resource Center on Children and Families of the Incarcerated is dedicated to serving the growing number of families with incarcerated parents, and provides information and support for them.
- Facts on children with parents in prison and the impacts on children with incarcerated parents.
- General resources on children with incarcerated parents, with specialized pamphlets for caregivers and health care providers. Also available in Spanish.
- Resource materials for incarcerated fathers, including information on child support and fatherhood programs.
- External link to a site for the National Resource Center on Children and Families of the Incarcerated, at Family & Corrections Network, dedicated to children and families of the incarcerated and programs that serve them.
- State-by-state directory of programs, provided by the National Resource Center on Children and Families of the Incarcerated.
- The Center for Policy Research is a non-profit research agency dedicated to improving the effectiveness and efficiency of human service agencies and the justice, health, and education systems.
| Other pages in this section: Children & Families of the Incarcerated - Child Support - Custody & Parenting Time - Parental Rights Termination - Parole & Probation Restrictions on Family Contact - Ability to be an Adoptive or Foster Parent