Links and Other Sources of Assistance
- Reentry.net is an excellent national clearinghouse of materials for attorneys, social service providers, and policy reform advocates on reentry and the consequences of criminal proceedings. Because a great deal of the practical, legal material is located in the NY state portion of the site, users are strongly encouraged to register for that part of the site. Registration is free.
- Excellent national site with extensive policy information related to reentry.
- The National HIRE Network focuses on the employment of people with criminal records.
- Provides information regarding collateral consequences, expungement, and pardons for all 50 states.
- A national policy forum on reentry issues.
- Provides advocacy and legal information nationally on employment issues affecting people with criminal records.
- Extensive resources of sex offender issues.
- National resources, with state-by-state information, on criminal justice issues, racial disparity, and collateral consequences.
- Database with policy and statistical information on crime and reentry issues.
Michigan Policy and Reentry Sites
- Information on the operation and rules of the MDOC.
- Information on Michigan's new initiative to reduce crime and enhance public safety by implementing a seamless system of services for offenders from the time of their entry to prison through their transition.
- CAPPS provides social and economic analysis of the costs of prison expansion in Michigan.
- Resources on prison legal issues.
- A support group for families of individuals Convicted of or Charged With A Sex Offense.
General Legal Information and Legal Research
- Extensive resources on common legal problems facing low-income people.
- Michigan-specific criminal defense resources.
- Links to Michigan statutes.
- Links to Court Forms needed to file motions in MI courts.
- Michigan legal information on a wide variety of issues.
- Extensive legal research links.
- Immigration information and assistance finding an immigration attorney.
Other Sources of Assistance
- MichiganLegalAid.org provides help with legal problems to low income and senior residents of Michigan. On their site you will find information about your legal rights and about places to go for help with legal and related problems.
- MPLP.org provides information for advocates of low income and senior residents of Michigan.