Public Benefits, Welfare & Medical Assistance: Disability & Social Security After Incarceration
- Link to application for Social Security benefits.
- Links to Social Security Administration rules regarding suspension of benefits for "fleeing felons" in Social Security cases.
- Link to application for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Disability.
- Links to Social Security Administration rules regarding suspension of benefits for "fleeing felons" in SSI cases.
- Provides information on incarceration and social security benefits, as well as information about applying for benefits pre-release.
Sample Legal Materials
- Example of letter requesting reinstatement of benefits where criminal case has been dismissed.
- Example of a letter requesting reinstatement of benefits despite existence of warrant.
- Getting rid of the underlying warrant is often the best way to ensure a restoration of benefit. This letter requests warrant cancellation.
- Brief argues that individual who does not have the intent to flee cannot be denied benefits.
| Other pages in this section: Applications & Forms - Overview of Public Benefits Lost Due to Criminal Record - Disability & Social Security After Incarceration - Losing Benefits Due to Warrants - Selective Service Registration - Medicaid, Medicare Health Care - Health Care While Incarcerated