Youth and Juveniles
MCR 3.925: Court rule concerning public availability of juvenile records
- Sets out that juvenile proceedings are generally public.
- Statute providing that most Michigan juvenile records are open to the public.
The Law For Children, Their Parents, and Counselors
- Gives an overview of legal issues affecting juveniles and includes a section on the rights of juveniles charged with crimes.
The Lasting Consequences of Teenage Mistakes
- Overview of the long term impacts of juvenile adjudications.
National Juvenile Justice Network
- The National Juvenile Justice Network is an organization advocating for advocate for fair, equitable and developmentally appropriate adjudication and treatment for all youth and families involved in the juvenile justice system. The website offers a comprehensive list of juvenile justice issues, federal juvenile activity and a database of state by state juvenile legislation.
Michigan Juvenile Justice Collaborative
Return to the Main Page
Return to the Resource Library
- The Michigan Juvenile Justice Collaborative is an organization working to advance policies and practices that prevent delinquency, promote rehabilitation, and support transitional services for youth involved in the juvenile justice system and will raise awareness about the need for best practices that are equitable and just.